Rewording synonyms are specific words and phrases that can be used in place of another word. They are often used to avoid repetition and to ensure that a piece of writing is not boring.
How do you explain rewording?
In simple terms, rewording is saying different words that mean the same thing. However, it should not be confused with paraphrasing which entails rearranging the original ideas in a sentence.
What is rewording also known as?
Synonyms for rewording include:
- Put differently
- Put another way
- put in other words
- Express differently
Tips for finding the right rewording synonyms
It’s not always a walk in the park when looking for another word to replace the one you currently have in mind. Most times, this leads to a pause in writing or speaking. If you have trouble finding the right rewording synonyms to use, read on to discover five trusted tips that can make the process easier.
- Using an online rewording tool remains the best and fastest way to replace words with their closest synonyms.
- Patience is a virtue when finding the right rewording synonym.
- Your dictionary MUST be your friend. Use it as much as possible!
- The word you intend to use MUST have similar connotations.
- Don’t depend solely on the Thesaurus dictionary. The aim is to write smartly, not to force it.
- Avoid using fancy language.